The Baltimore Composers Forum is pleased to announce a call for music for performance
at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Baltimore on Saturday, November 8, 2014. Atlantic Reed
Consort will provide an evening of new works for wind quintet.
The instrumentation for submitted works must be for one of the following:
- Wind quintet [oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bass clarinet and bassoon]
- Any of the above instrument combination paired as solos, duos, trios etc.
- Any of the above instrument combination and a soloist or electronic sound
[If the piece is with a soloist, the choice, preparation and payment of the soloist would
be composer’s responsibility]
Submitted works should be between 5 and 7 minutes long, and the composers must waive
the recording/performing rights.
Submissions must be received by Friday, August 8, 2014.
All submitting composers must be active members of the Baltimore Composers Forum.
Persons interested in submitting a proposal are encouraged to check their membership
status well in advance of the submission deadline. Please note that any interested
composer may submit a membership application along with their music submission.
Complete submissions include the following:
1. The full performance score and parts [PDF format]:
On a separate piece of paper:
2. Title of the work, composer’s name, year of completion and the duration
3. A program note (100 word maximum)
4. A brief biography of the composer (200 word maximum)
5. A statement permitting use of copyrighted text (if applicable)
6. An audio file of the work (optional)
Please send your submissions to be received by August 8, 2014 to:
Submissions that do not conform to the aforementioned guidelines will not be considered.
Atlantic Reed Consort will decide on the program. All composers will be notified by end of
September 2014. The Baltimore Composers Forum will not provide travel monies for
Questions regarding this call for music or membership inquiries should be directed to:
Ljiljana [Jovanović] Becker