The instrumentation for submitted works must be for one of the following:
- horn and marimba duo
- horn solo
- marimba solo
- any above combination
- may also be a interdisciplinary performance work or work with additional media
- cello duo
- no solo, no substitutions or additions of other instruments
- standard techniques and tuning only
- duration: 3 to 6 minutes
[Note: no additional instrumentation may be added to these duos.]
Submitted works for the horn/marimba, horn, or marimba should be between 6 and 8 minutes long, and the submitted works for the cello duet must be between 3 and 6 minutes. The marimba range is 5 octaves.
Submissions must be received by Friday, February 27, 2015.
All submitting composers must be active members of the Baltimore Composers Forum.
Persons interested in submitting a proposal are encouraged to check their membership
status well in advance of the submission deadline. Please note that any interested
composer may submit a membership application along with their music submission.
Complete submissions include the following:
- The full performance score and parts [PDF format]: On a separate piece of paper
- Title of the work, composer’s name, year of completion and the duration
- A program note (100 word maximum)
- A brief biography of the composer (200 word maximum)
- A statement permitting use of copyrighted text (if applicable)
- An audio file of the work (optional)
Please send your submissions to be received by February 27, 2015 to: email@example.com . Submissions that do not conform to the aforementioned guidelines will not be considered. The two duos will decide on the program. All composers will be notified by end of March 2015. The Baltimore Composers Forum will not provide travel monies for accepted composers.
Questions regarding this call for music or membership inquiries should be directed to:
Hollis Thoms, President BCF