The Baltimore Composers Forum is pleased to announce a call for scores for performance on Saturday, May 21, 2016, 7:30 PM at Christ Lutheran Church Inner Harbor (701 S. Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland) featuring the Azimuth String Quartet (Nicholas Currie, violin; James Tung, violin; Alice Tung, viola; and Adam Gonzalez, cello).
Instrumentation for the submitted works may be written for any combination of string quartet instruments (two violins, viola, cello) from solo, duet, trio, and full quartet.
Duration must be no longer than 8 minutes.
Submissions must be received by Monday, March 14, 2016.
All submitting composers must be active members of the Baltimore Composers Forum. Persons interested in submitting a proposal are encouraged to check their membership status well in advance of the submission deadline. Please note that any interested composer may submit a membership application along with their music submission. Complete submissions include the following:
- The full performance score and parts [PDF format]
- On a separate piece of paper:
- Title of the work, composer’s name, year of completion and the duration
- A program note (100 word maximum)
- A brief biography of the composer (200 word maximum)
- A statement permitting use of copyrighted text (if applicable)
- An audio file of the work (optional)
Please send your submissions to be received by Monday, March 14, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions that do not conform to the aforementioned guidelines will not be considered. The Baltimore Composers Forum will not provide travel monies for accepted composers.
Questions regarding this call for music or membership inquiries should be directed to: Hollis Thoms, President BCF